Appleton Blog Logo by Jeff Lindsay
The Appleton Blog features one of America's
best communities: Appleton, Wisconsin.

Jeff Lindsay is an author of Conquering Innovation Fatigue. See InnovationFatigue.com for more info.
Also follow me on Twitter.

Archives

Appleton Resources

Other Suggested Links

Other Blogs from Fox Cities Folks

Saturday, August 02, 2014

 

Aug. 15 Book Signing Party for Lee Mothes of Kaukauna, One of Wisconsin's Leading Artists

If you were at Appleton's magnificent annual Art in the Park event a few days ago, you might have encountered Lee Mothes, one of Wisconsin's leading artists. His website is OceansAndDreams.com, where you can see many of his works, including some from his highly acclaimed creation of New Island, an imaginary 12,000-square-mile island that has been illustrated in detail by Lee.

I'm happy to report that at Appleton's Art in the Park 2014, Lee Mothes was the winner of one of the top 3 prizes, the Best 2D Work for his paintings. You can read the news and see a photo of the happy winners at the Trout Art Museum page on the competitions at Art in the Park 2014. Kudos!

There's even more good news for Lee Mothes. His beautiful new book has just been printed and he's celebrating with a book signing party in Appleton. Here are the details I've received from Lee:
"An Artist's Journey to Nevermore" has arrived from the printer, and the book looks great! I'll be shipping them out in the next few days, and also hosting a book signing party -- see below!

200 copies ready to sign and number!

BOOK SIGNING PARTY: Friday evening, August 15th, 6-9 pm, at Coventry Glassworks & Gallery, in Appleton, Wisconsin.  Enjoy lots of art, food, comraderie and Linda's wonderful punch, and claim your pre-ordered or Kickstarter-reward copy of An Artist's Journey to Nevermore. You may also purchase a copy at the gallery. (There should be at least 50 copies left for sale at the time of the party.

This event is during Appleton's Art on the Town Night in August.

Here is how I'll do this:
1. I will hold all WISCONSIN book recipients' copies and then hand them out at the party, signing each one over to its owner.
2. I'll work from my list, and whoever does NOT show up that evening, I'll ship your signed copy(s) on Monday the 18th.
3. If you will NOT be coming to the party, e-mail back to me and I will ship your items to you in the next few days.  If you think you'll come and then don't make it, I'll still ship your book(s) to you on the 18th.
4. All other states and countries: I'll ship your books, maps and packets in the next few days.

Also, if you have NOT pre-ordered a copy and you want one now, please send a check, made out to Lee Mothes, for $55. for the book and shipping. If you live in Wisconsin, please add $2.50 sales tax. Don't forget your shipping address! Mail your check to:

Lee Mothes
425 Dixon Street
Kaukauna, WI  54130
******************

OTHER NEWS:

ARTSTREET ART FAIR: See my newest original art at Artstreet in Green Bay, aI on Friday Evening, Saturday and Sunday August 22-24. I'll be in booth no. 135, with my most recent drawings and surf paintings on display.

ARTPRIZE: I've been accepted to show my new surf drawings at Artprize in Grand Rapids, MI from Sept. 24 to October 12. The whole city becomes an art show! I'll be at the Cathedral Square venue, attending the show with my work. I hope you can make it, and if you like my entry there, vote no. 56639 on your phone!
Sounds great. Congratulations, Lee! Wish I could be there, but I'm back in Shanghai for a while. On the day of Lee's book party, I'm scheduled to attend a game of the Shanghai Sharks, the Chinese professional basketball team owned by Yao Ming, as they play the US all-stars from the college PAC-12 division. Should be fun, though maybe not as interesting as what Lee paints. 

Labels: , , , , ,