Appleton Blog Logo by Jeff Lindsay
The Appleton Blog features one of America's
best communities: Appleton, Wisconsin.

Jeff Lindsay is an author of Conquering Innovation Fatigue. See InnovationFatigue.com for more info.
Also follow me on Twitter.

Archives

Appleton Resources

Other Suggested Links

Other Blogs from Fox Cities Folks

Saturday, July 26, 2014

 

Recent Suggestions for Eating Out

Friends of mine wanted to celebrate their wedding anniversary. Where to eat in Appleton? I recommended Carmella's, one of my favorites. They tried it and were delighted. A great selection.

I'm also impressed with the healthy and flavorful men at the new SAP restaurant, just a few yards away from Carmella's. It also has a fun outdoor section for casual dining. Lots of great local ingredients and healthy items there. Fun place.

My biggest recent surprise was a place I had studiously avoided: Golden Corral. Now that it has been remodeled and greatly upgraded, it's a surprising wow in terms of great buffets. For $12 a person, I'm actually rather shocked at how much good food is available there. My grandkids absolutely love it, and I can see why. The thick, juicy steak I had there was perhaps the most surprising item. Wow, I've had much worse for much, much more. Actually rather tasty and more tender than I expected. Nicely. cooked. But on the other hand, it's been a while since I've had steak so I may have forgotten how good it can be. But give Golden Corral a try.