Appleton Blog Logo by Jeff Lindsay
The Appleton Blog features one of America's
best communities: Appleton, Wisconsin.

Jeff Lindsay is an author of Conquering Innovation Fatigue. See InnovationFatigue.com for more info.
Also follow me on Twitter.

Archives

Appleton Resources

Other Suggested Links

Other Blogs from Fox Cities Folks

Sunday, December 30, 2012

 

Solea in Appleton: A Good, Family-Friendly Choice

I took the family to Solea in Appleton on Casaloma, just west of the Fox River Mall. Their Mexican food is a pretty good choice for families with small children because they have a good children's menu and their food isn't too spicy in general. I was pleased with the Veracruz style tilapia that I had, though I enjoyed the tilapia at El Jaripeo more. A tamale that I ordered on the side was one of the best I've ever had, and I really liked the green salsa topping, lettuce, and sour cream that came with it, making a sometimes boring item more interesting. My wife had a burrito that was OK but lacked flavor in the filling. However, the service was excellent and willing to take things back and make adjustments to ensure that we were happy with the food, though we learned this after we were done and my wife expressed some minor disappointment. Our other guests generally enjoyed their food and we were all pleased with the family-friendly service.