Appleton Blog Logo by Jeff Lindsay
The Appleton Blog features one of America's
best communities: Appleton, Wisconsin.

Jeff Lindsay is an author of Conquering Innovation Fatigue. See InnovationFatigue.com for more info.
Also follow me on Twitter.

Archives

Appleton Resources

Other Suggested Links

Other Blogs from Fox Cities Folks

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

 

Confucius Chinese: Outstanding

I took some relatives to dinner last night at Confucius Chinese, where the Taiwanese owners and chef really understand the joys of Chinese food, in my opinion. In addition to some great items on the menu, I asked for some extra authentic dishes they might be able to provide. One of my tips for good Chinese food in Appleton is that the best places can provide outstanding authentic specialties that are not on the menu. In some cases, it's best to give a day's notice, but tonight I just asked for their recommended specialties on the spot. We had an outstanding beef hotpot dish and salmon as non-menu specialties, which were great, but I was also delighted with the menu items we ordered such as Kung Pao chicken. Very good flavors and even the grandkids loved it.