Appleton Blog Logo by Jeff Lindsay
The Appleton Blog features one of America's
best communities: Appleton, Wisconsin.

Jeff Lindsay is an author of Conquering Innovation Fatigue. See InnovationFatigue.com for more info.
Also follow me on Twitter.

Archives

Appleton Resources

Other Suggested Links

Other Blogs from Fox Cities Folks

Thursday, August 18, 2011

 

Koreana Misses

During my return trip to Appleton, I've had a chance to visit some of my favorite restaurants here. It's been a tad disappointing so far, I'm afraid to say. Perhaps my standards have been elevated by Shanghai and its marvelous restaurants, or perhaps things are starting to slide here. Yesterday, for example, I met some friends at Koreana for lunch and had a dish I've enjoyed many times at many places, including once at Koreana. Bee Bihm Bapp, with rice and veggies and bean paste. The array of veggies was great, but the brown rice was dry and hard to chew. My Chinese friends also complained about it. The ingredients lacked flavor and even the egg was poorly done. I had the tofu version, and the tofu was some of the worst I've ever tasted. Just a real disappointment.

My wife had bulgolki and the meat was dry and not very tender. The other couple didn't seem impressed with their food, either. Too bad!
Comments:
I was there last week and was not very impressed by it either. Later I learned that the female owner of the restaurant past away a few months ago, maybe that's why.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home