Appleton Blog Logo by Jeff Lindsay
The Appleton Blog features one of America's
best communities: Appleton, Wisconsin.

Jeff Lindsay is an author of Conquering Innovation Fatigue. See InnovationFatigue.com for more info.
Also follow me on Twitter.

Archives

Appleton Resources

Other Suggested Links

Other Blogs from Fox Cities Folks

Saturday, December 29, 2018

 

Indian Darbar Restaurant Still Shines: Awesome Lunch Buffet

Review of Indian Darbar Restaurant, 2333 W Wisconsin Ave, Appleton. 

In the past few years, I've really grown in my appreciation of basic Indian food as I've come to know a good Indian chef in Shanghai, where I spend much of my time at the moment. My increased yearnings for Indian food prepared me to more fully appreciate a popular choice in the Fox Valley, India Darbar Restaurant. I've eaten there several times for dinner, but have only rarely been there for their lunch buffet. This time I had a group of 13 people, including small children. Going there with my group was one of the smartest and most economical ways to have a delicious, sit-down meal in the Fox Valley. 

Indian Darbar has gracious service and excellent food that seems very close to the "home-style" Indian cooking I've come to love. The items in the buffet are among my favorites, such as chicken Masala or saag paneer or a tasty vegetable curry. The naan was reasonably good, the level of seasoning was great and while some dishes were spicy, I was delighted to see that many of the kids loved the flavors. 

Darbar is an Urdu word meaning "royal court." It's not a royal setting nor, fortunately, offered at a royal price. The buffet is under $10 for adults and less for children, and really young children don't seem to be counted by the generous owner. 

Sorry for poor photos, taken around 2 pm when the crowds were dying down. But still quite tasty. 



Phone: (920)-560-4967. Lunch: Tuesday to Sunday 11:30 AM - 3 PM. Dinner: Tuesday to Thursday 5 - 9 PM, Friday and Saturday 5 - 9:30 PM, Sunday 5 to 9 PM. Closed Mondays.

Labels: ,