Appleton Blog Logo by Jeff Lindsay
The Appleton Blog features one of America's
best communities: Appleton, Wisconsin.

Jeff Lindsay is an author of Conquering Innovation Fatigue. See InnovationFatigue.com for more info.
Also follow me on Twitter.

Archives

Appleton Resources

Other Suggested Links

Other Blogs from Fox Cities Folks

Monday, April 12, 2010

 

The Ubiquitous Red-Winged Blackbird

red-winged blackbird, appleton, wisconsin, in a tree by the fox river, wisconsin

The red-winged blackbird is one of the most common birds in the Appleton area. They are lovely and feisty, ready to defend their territory at all costs. There are frequent sky battles between them and red-tailed hawks. I realized why once when a hawk swooshed over my head carrying an adult blackbird in its talons.

Here's a photo I took on a walk with my wife along the Fox River on Saturday. Click to enlarge. After enlarging, notice the feet of this little creature--I find them especially beautiful. Also notice the wry little smile and the merry twinkle in his eye. This one was obviously in a good mood.
Comments:
Great pictures.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home