Appleton Blog Logo by Jeff Lindsay
The Appleton Blog features one of America's
best communities: Appleton, Wisconsin.

Jeff Lindsay is an author of Conquering Innovation Fatigue. See InnovationFatigue.com for more info.
Also follow me on Twitter.

Archives

Appleton Resources

Other Suggested Links

Other Blogs from Fox Cities Folks

Thursday, January 12, 2006

 

Two Wisconsin Financial Advisors Honored

At the retirement party I mentioned in my last post, I was pleased to meet Chris Doughty and Craig Pluta, both co-founders of The ReAct! Group and Vice Presidents of Ziegler Investment Services, a group headquartered in Milwaukee with an office in Appleton. Both Chris and Craig work with a lot of clients in the Appleton area and have done retirement seminars for people at Kimberly-Clark, where I work. Interestingly, both Chris and Craig are among twelve financial investors nationwide that are honored in a new book, The Trust Equation: The Savvy Investor's Guide to Selecting a Competent, Ethical Financial Advisor by Steve Drozdeck and Lyn Fisher (Fisher LeBlanc Group: Logan, Utah, 2005). I understand that the twelve advisors honored in this book were selected from a pool of 600 or so financial advisors. I think that's quite an honor. I guess I showed enough interest in the book that I managed to receive a free, autographed copy from Chris and Craig. Many thanks, and congratulations!

I truly enjoyed talking with these very sharp gentlemen about investing and financial matters, and was impressed by their knowledge and competence.

Plus I've already learned a few valuable things from this book. Recommended reading.

When I leave a party with a free new book in my hands, you know I had a great time!