Appleton Blog Logo by Jeff Lindsay
The Appleton Blog features one of America's
best communities: Appleton, Wisconsin.

Jeff Lindsay is an author of Conquering Innovation Fatigue. See InnovationFatigue.com for more info.
Also follow me on Twitter.

Archives

Appleton Resources

Other Suggested Links

Other Blogs from Fox Cities Folks

Thursday, March 03, 2011

 

Carmella's Continues to Shine

Recently I had a little time before my wife dropped me off at the airport to catch a flight, so I surprised her by stopping at Carmella's for a lite meal. Perfection! We tried a cappicola panini and their soup of the day (had sausage and potatoes in a light white base--a hearty country dish). Both were just scrumptious. Plus wonderful bread. What I really liked about the panini was the flavor of the cheese, a rich Italian cheese called Tallegio that is hard to find but very good. Has a rich flavor that might remind you of brie.

At Carmella's, they really get food. Probably my favorite place at the moment. We were there at around 4 pm on a weekday. Not crowded at all and service was brisk. The panini was $11 and the soup was $4. Not bad at all.