Appleton Blog Logo by Jeff Lindsay
The Appleton Blog features one of America's
best communities: Appleton, Wisconsin.

Jeff Lindsay is an author of Conquering Innovation Fatigue. See InnovationFatigue.com for more info.
Also follow me on Twitter.

Archives

Appleton Resources

Other Suggested Links

Other Blogs from Fox Cities Folks

Sunday, May 07, 2006

 

Snowy Egrets: One of the Beautiful Birds of the Fox Valley

Just before meeting began at my church this morning, I stopped at a little pond along Highway 41 at the Breezewood exit in Neenah, next to Plexus, to look at a beautiful great egret that was hunting for food. It's a pond that attracts egrets, blue herons, Canadian geese, ducks, and other birds, but it seems to be a favorite spot for a few egrets and a blue heron in the area. They seem much more shy than other birds and don't let me get close enough for a good photo even with 10x zoom. Maybe I'll have better luck some other day, but here's low-quality photo for now.



Here's another shot taken yesterday on my way to a baptism at the church (click to enlarge):