Appleton Blog Logo by Jeff Lindsay
The Appleton Blog features one of America's
best communities: Appleton, Wisconsin.

Jeff Lindsay is an author of Conquering Innovation Fatigue. See InnovationFatigue.com for more info.
Also follow me on Twitter.

Archives

Appleton Resources

Other Suggested Links

Other Blogs from Fox Cities Folks

Monday, December 14, 2009

 

Red Ox: Awesome Menu and Best Philly in Town

I went to the Red Ox Supper Club on south Oneida Street with a friend for lunch today. My, it's changed for the better since I was last there a few years ago. It has a more pleasant interior--and what a menu! Lots of interesting items, including 12 different selections for grilled salmon. I tried the prime rib Philly sandwich, and rate it as the best Philly in town, even if it departs somewhat from Philadelphia-style Phillies. The prime rib was so tender - thick, juicy pieces. The bun had the perfectly crisp interior toasting that adds crunch and flavor to a Philly. Real cheese was used, not processed cheese, which I greatly prefer. Mushrooms were grilled just right. It's served au jus. My friend tried one too and was also impressed.

Service was great.

I hope to take my wife there sometime soon for dinner.

The Red Ox Supper Club is at 2318 South Oneida Street, Appleton, WI. Phone: (920) 830-4121. Tell them Jeff sent you!