Appleton Blog Logo by Jeff Lindsay
The Appleton Blog features one of America's
best communities: Appleton, Wisconsin.

Jeff Lindsay is an author of Conquering Innovation Fatigue. See InnovationFatigue.com for more info.
Also follow me on Twitter.

Archives

Appleton Resources

Other Suggested Links

Other Blogs from Fox Cities Folks

Sunday, December 17, 2006

 

Kaleidoscopes In Appleton? Donald's!

A friend at work recently asked me where to go in Appleton to find a high-quality kaleidoscope for a gift. A couple of calls led me to a great answer: Donald's Gifts in the Trasino Center on north Casaloma, between Northland and Wisconsin (right behind the new Hudson Grill, south side of the Trasino Center).

Full contact information:
Donald's
1770 N Casaloma Dr, Appleton, WI
(920) 734-6484

My wife and I dropped in and were really impressed. They had over a dozen different kaleidoscopes to choose from, including some exquisite wooden ones with beautiful imagery inside. Prices range from $6 for a child's kaleidoscope (still some very nice ones at the low end) up to about $250 for beautiful desktop display items. One looked like a wooden lighthouse. My wife had to drag me away from the area, it was so interesting.

And then I fell into temptation with the rest of the store - a sprawling gift shop with beautiful crafts and art work. My favorite section was the glasswork, where some beautiful intricate works caught my eyes. Glass sculptures with intricate interior designs, even including interior fiber optics to enhance the display with a lighted base. Cool stuff.